Prenatal and Postnatal Care
“When a woman is pregnant, she becomes a lioness with the will of a dragon. She becomes a goddess of beauty with the colors of the rainbow. She becomes the mother of new life.”― Anthony T.Hincks
As we know that pre means before and therefore prenatal is a pregnancy care which is before birth. Post means after and postnatal are the pregnancy care tips to which you need to follow after birth of the baby. These both are the essential care of pregnant women for a healthy pregnancy. They ensure healthy delivery and wellbeing of both mom and the baby.
Prenatal care helps in safe delivery process and it makes you healthy and saves you from serious complications. You should go to a doctor for a regular check-up to save yourself from serious problems. Sometimes baby’s weight is low due to lack of prenatal care and low nutrition and this causes death of the child. You should start some prenatal care routines three months before when you wish to conceive. Some prenatal care tips are discussed here which will prove to be helpful for you and your baby.
- Stop behaviors like smoking, alcohol.
- Take supplements like folic acids, vitamins.
- Don’t take any self-medications.
- Avoid all harmful chemicals and toxic substances.
- Consult your doctor for your health conditions during pregnancy.
At the point when you are pregnant you should make your proper timetable for visiting specialists, eating plan, practice plan, meds plan. They help you keep a track of your progress.
When to Visit Specialist
These are some significant time interims when you should go to a specialist and get some information about your wellbeing and your infant’s wellbeing.
- Every month in the initial, during a half year when you are pregnant.
- Every fourteen days in the seventh and eighth months you are pregnant.
- Every week during your ninth month of pregnancy.
Visit Specialist for Checkup
Following are the significant focuses which you need to get into your consideration to get some information about child wellbeing and your own:
- Take tests and screening which incorporate HIV, paleness and your blood classification.
- Monitor your weight gain
- Monitor circulatory strain
- Ask about infant wellbeing and heartbeat
- Ask about eating regimen and activities
As we know postnatal care is the care after delivery of the baby. It is also important as like the prenatal care is for nine months. Postnatal care lasts six to eights weeks after the delivery. In this period, mothers feel physical and emotional changes. They need proper rest, nutrition and vaginal care.
Take appropriate rest and dozes when your infant dozes. Take rest near your child. In this way they feel safe and loved. Appropriate rest is required in this period; make sure you don’t do any overwhelming work as that is not at all good for you.
You need to take legitimate eating routine because it reconstructs your health and your weight. It guarantees that you have appropriate nourishment for breastfeeding. You ought to eat when you feel hungry and your eating routine must be sound. Use drinks, juices, natural products, vegetables, starches and protein as an essential addition to your diet.
You should take incredible consideration of your vagina. You can experience the issues like:
- Vaginal irritation on the off chance that you had a tear.
- Urination issues, for example, torment and so on.
- You feel compressions; in initial barely there are any days without it.
- Discharge of blood clumps from body.