What do you mean by frotteurism sexual disorder?
Frotteurism is sexual stimulating issue which incorporates the demonstration of contacting and scouring one’s private parts facing someone else in a sexual way and without their assent. In results, they get joy and solace. It is analyzed by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of mental issue (DSM). It very well may be treated by the psychotherapy since it is considered as a mental issue.
The Most Common Causes of Frotteurism Sexual Disorder
The main causes of frotteurism are unknown by specialists and some considered these factors as a cause of this type of sexual disorder are the following:
- Unpleasant childhood experiences like sexual abuse and emotional abuse
- Consumed with sexual thoughts in early childhood
- Alcohol abuse is also a cause of voyeurism sexual disorder
The Most Common Symptoms of Frotteurism Sexual Disorder
Symptoms of Frotteurism sexual disorder are very easily observable. The major problem with this disorder is that the person may not be aware of the fact that his sexual tendencies are a psychological problem so mostly people with such a psychological problem considered that they are just sexually potent. Following are the most common symptoms:
- A person becomes sexually aroused by rubbing against a non-consent person in the crowdy places
- This type of behaviour occurs in six months
- These type of thoughts and actions disturbs the daily lifestyles
- A person becomes sexually aroused by the grabbing or rubbing their hands-on other private parts in public places such as breast, genitals etc.
Risk Factors of Frotteurism Sexual Disorder
Following are some of the most observed risk factors of frotteurism disorder:
- Stressful events in childhood like child abuse
- You may have other mental health problems
- Drug and alcohol abuse
Having this type of a sexual disorder can have very dangerous consequences. Unknown and non-consenting person may attack you for self-defense which may cause you physical harm. On the other hand, such people are socially undesirable so they get socially withdrawn. Doing any such activities to a non-consenting person is a crime in most parts of the world and therefore you might also have to face legal consequences. Following are the most common complication you may face if you have a frotteurism sexual disorder:
- Lifestyle is disturbing
- Personal relationships disturb due to this behaviour
- Financial problems
- Depression due to this behaviour
- Mental and physical health problems
How doctors diagnose that you have a frotteurism disorder or not?
Following are the methodologies and techniques used by the doctors or psychiatrist are:
- Physical examination
- Psychiatric evaluation
- Asking about the symptoms you have experience
- Diagnostic criteria from DSM-5
- Medical interview
How doctors treat frotteurism sexual disorders?
Doctors can treat this type of psychological problems by the following methods and techniques which we discussed here:
- Medical treatment
Doctors will prescribe you an appropriate medication to overcome the symptoms and the disease.
- Behavioural treatment
Doctors can also do your behavioural treatment and treat you by the help of cogitative behavioural therapy.